Monday, July 9, 2012

Boudry

The Village of Boudry is about a 20 minute walk from Grandchamp.  I don't know much about it except that it is the last stop on the Tram #5 from Neuchatel and has a Chateau, and Art Museum, stores and Coop, a grocery store.  I've walked there a few times now and have explored a couple of the roads.


 I haven't found my way to this Castle yet, not sure how to get there or it's name but it is as you begin to reach Boudry.
This is the road up to Chateau de la Vigne.  The day that I walked up it was rented out for a wedding.  I acted as if I didn't understand what was happening which was mostly the truth and walked on the grounds until I turned around and here comes the bride!  John and Danielle may want to rethink Waterview.

Full Chateau......

 View looking the other way.
 I meandered further up the road after watching the wedding people and came to this great broken window and shutter.  Every window is shuttered here and all of the windows have no screens.  Funny, no bugs either now that I think about it.
This is about the highest that I walked and it was well worth the view.  In the distance is Lake Neuchatel.  Beyond the Lake, when they decide to show themselves, are the snow covered Alps.  Breathtaking, they are like crystal triangles hovering in the sky.  I'm standing in an old graveyard of three graves...one was the minister of the town in around 1700 or so.  This will be the perfect final resting place for me too.
A building with a cornerstone of 1640.  Wonderful detail in the painting and facade work.  It is now home to an architect.

More to come when I get around to it.  I've got lots more from around Grandchamp and I went in to Neuchatel yesterday.  Be at peace my friends, I am.

1 comment:

Dina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.